OFF ICE TIPS FROM OUR PROS
Looking for tips on Flexibility, Strength, Balance, Jumps, Spins, Visualization, and even Hair and Makeup? We got you covered. Here are some tips for all ages and levels from our very own pros. Show us how these tips are helping you or if you have any tips of your own. Use the #ShelterInSkate to stay connected!
- The first thing before starting is to make sure hands are properly washed!
- Coach Michelle Hong from Oakland Ice Center has some great tips on stretching. Make sure to follow her on all her social media's. #StretchWithMichelle!
- Looking to strengthen your skills? Coach Craig from Solar4America Ice at San Jose has the moves for you.
- If ballet is your thing David Hicks, the Oakland Ice Center's Skating Manager, recommends taking a short barre with New York City Balllet principal dancer and former Broadway star Tiler Peck. Tiler has curated this exclusive video of her at-home ballet session for Playbill.com CLICK HERE to get your plie on!
- If you are looking on gaining some height on your jumps, Coach Jonathan O'Dougherty, Solar4America Ice at San Jose, has some circuit training to help.
- New to tying skates? Here is a step by step tutorial on how to tie either figure or hockey skates! Start tying like the pros.